In the mail yesterday was the GREAT fabric I won from Jenny of Elefantz, thanks to Billie Bee. Now to put my thinking cap on and make something fun for Miss Bailey with it.
Last week was also another package ... this one from Tea with Friends. I won some wonderful soap...
More terrific birthday gifts arrived during the week. In a package filled with many treasures were some autumn leaves ... well, at least my favorite kind of leaves....
I also got some photo cards from Shutterfly, thanks to Becca for a great coupon! I love doing my own cards and they are as cheap, if not cheaper making my own than buying from the name brand card makers.
I have had a quilt project "in waiting" for longer than I want to admit. It's one I've wanted to do, but you know how that goes. The best of intentions, and then something else takes priority, etc etc. I also discovered that if it is something I'm doing for myself it goes to the bottom of the list, but if it is for someone else ... well, that's another story. As much as I am going to love this quilt I am not sure what I'd do with it once I make it, then I had my lightbulb moment and I knew who it would be perfect for. Well, you can guess where I'm going.... yep, I'm working on the quilt. Got one block done (all but beading) and am working on the second embroidered block. There are about 10, plus a bunch of crazy quilt blocks to do. It is so different from most of the work I now do and at least the embroidery parts I can do in front of the TV.
(part of the block I finished)
The last 'sampling' today is a teaser of the 4x6 I'm making for a swap called Inside & Out. We are using a winter theme. The first part of the swap will be postcard sized - 4"x6". Then a larger border will be added by the swap partner who will continue/enhance the picture ... taking it outside the box, so to speak. What fun!
And then there was this...
I read some disturbing blogs this week that told of Blog Scrapers (I think Blog Scum is a better term). They steal your blogs and photos, etc. I have adjusted how I am doing mine now and hopefully I won't have problems. That is why you have to click the 'read more' button to get my full blog. I still need to start watermarking my photos (note to self).
I am not going to let the few bad apples spoil things for me. It is a shame what we have to do to protect ourselves. Just as the orchard-ist treats his trees and fruit to protect them from unwanted invaders, so we too have to protect ourselves.

Sounds like you have had a good week of goodies.....grin.
ReplyDelete