Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just another day in the country

Having lived most of my life in cities or towns, life in the country brings experiences you don't normally get in town.  That said, my fondest memories of childhood were the few years we did live out in the country, on small farms. I loved being out in open land, with lots of trees and hills and woods and fields.

I spent hours and hours playing outdoors, pretending all sorts of things. I would hike in the woods or up the hill and explore and discover all sorts of things. Or I would get behind the steering wheel in the old machinery and be driving here and there, in my mind, or climb up a tree and be in some far off land in my adventures.

This morning as I looked out our window and across the road I saw a most unusual sight ... well, it is if you've mostly lived in town...

Our neighbor was having some of his cattle butchered.  I told DH he should go over and put in his order for dinner! LOL  Butchering isn't unusual, but so close to the road?  That I found very unusual (or I'm just so naive when it comes to these things).

Off to the east of us snow is appearing. Earlier in the morning it was on the valley floor, but now that the sun has been out it can only been seen on the hills and the mountains. Won't be long before we get some out our way, at this rate.

Extra quilts are on the bed now and the heat is on throughout the day. Leaves are falling as the trees are getting ready for their winter slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.