Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Friday

Some of the trees are now bare, while others are still turning their autumn hues. Such a lovely time of year.

Of course, yesterday when it was sunny and gorgeous out I was in my sewing room all day working on a quilt. Yes, I could have gone outside, but I felt so pressured (self induced of course) with all the projects waiting to be done that will be gifts this year that I couldn't relax until I made some progress. As the day went on I felt better and better as the big - literally - project came together.
I got the top pieced for Daniel's "Daddy" quilt, made from clothing of his daddy's. What an array of materials -- from fairly lightweight cotton shirts to flannel, fleece, sweatshirt, polyester, and denim.  There are pockets and working zippers, and plackets with buttons; labels and logos. As heavy as it already is I am going to back it with a good quality fleece and not worry about the center batting layer. I don't think it needs it.
Today I plan to do some more in my sewing room, while DH works on filling in holes, etc. in the kitchen in preparing it for painting. Then I'll move to the kitchen for some baking. Pumpkin Chip Cake and Apple Pie are on my "to do" list. The cake will go to my neighbor who has been so kind as to share from her garden with us.


For now, however, I'm enjoying my new favorite Fall drink:  Mixed in equal parts and heated:

Oh my, like a cup of mulled cider -- so delicious and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.