I stayed with my A.N. friend Jan. She and I were roomies on all of our beach trips over the years. Our group would go to the beach twice a year for 2-4 days. We rented houses that were either right on the beach or with great beach views as many in the group were not capable of going down and walking on the beach. Jan is also a great quilter, so we have several joint interests. Besides sharing some of her great recipes with me she also gave me these earrings, knowing they would mean a lot to me.
On Saturday Jan and I visited another A.N. friend, Chloe, who is recovering from a knee surgery. Chloe is such a lovely person. We had such a good time, but I know we wore her out from our time with her. She gave me a wonderful sugar and creamer that she had been keeping to give me. What a great treasure!
I stopped at the Penzy spice shop on my way home. Jan and Donna love Penzy's and Jan shared some of the spice blends she has that she really enjoys. So.... now I can enjoy them too...
When I got home I had lots of great mail waiting for me. The first was from my PC PC (personal choice postcard) Swap. It was a thread painting swap and this is what I got from Gloria -- Zentangles:
She did a great job. Kind of reminds me of a beach ball.
Lots to drool over and learn from in these great books.
It is also a treasure to me to read my emails and catch up with my quilt groups and my blogs. God has blessed me with many treasures in the friends and acquaintances I have made through this medium.
These past three weekends have been so amazing. We don't get away from home that much and all of a sudden we had three trips in three weeks. Times to see family, friends and time to rest and relax. Such a blessing. Life is a treasure - one to enjoy, one to not take for granted, one to not waste.
It's amazing Barb, the wonderful weekend of shared celebrations and care.
ReplyDeleteLove the Dutch earrings!
So good to know you are having good times.
Treasuring life('s treasures), taking nothing for granted, is real happiness, isn't it?
Nothing Dutch :>) in the mail yet?
Blessings,
Jeanneke.
I wondered what you were up to! I'm so glad to know that you were having fun!
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy, busy, busy! But it sounds like you've been having a lot of fun! That's a lot of quilt books, looks like you have lots of experimenting to do!
ReplyDelete