Several of the adult care facilities in town today had a big picnic at a local park. Mom was one of a half dozen from her facility that participated in it. I joined her at the park. The day was a lovely summer day. The tables were all under huge maple trees, creating a wonderful umbrella of shade for everyone. Mom was in good form and bantering and joking with everyone. Towards the end I could tell she was getting more confused as she was asking what Dad was doing while we were at the park. I imagine tomorrow she'll be confused and tired, but that's okay. She had a delightful time today and that is worth a LOT.
I don't know how many opportunities I will have to do things like this with Mom, so I am trying to take advantage of as many of them as I can. I feel so blessed to have this time with Mom.
Sounds like a wonderful day BJ!
ReplyDeleteYour mom looks like she is having the best time! Now THAT's a great day!! I'm so glad to hear that you both enjoyed time time together, in what sounds like a beautiful park.
ReplyDelete