Thursday, September 19, 2013

Just waiting for a new outlet, then the machines will start humming!

This is the kind of outlet we have in our two attic rooms. I've never seen one like it before. This is the one in my quilting room and it is not functioning. DH will be replacing it (soon?) with 3 prong outlets and making sure the wiring is good. That's the last step before I can turn on my sewing machines and give them a workout.  I have curtains to hem and a Cinderella dress to make, as well as a couple orders for thread painted pictures and a swap to get thinking about and ready for. 

I got my quilt room finished and organized today ... well all but some of the "froo froo" things (pictures, etc.). A few are up but I have more I'd like to try to display. For as big a house as we have there is not a lot of available wall space (especially upstairs) to hang quilts, art quilts, photos, etc. 

I have room to keep my cutting table fully open without being in the way.  The only time we'll need to take it down and move it is when we put up the inflatable bed for overnight guests.

It's so nice to have most of my things in clear plastic containers and easy to access. The side walls are 4 foot tall which allows for a lot of items to be stored there. We converted the two tall wire shelf units into 4 short ones and it looks like they'll work out great for my purpose.

I have two sewing tables set up with my thread drawers in between. To get to the attic access we just roll the thread cart out and we can open the access door.

I am going to love having all my thread in one spot and easy to access. I have a lot of room in the drawers for more spools. The top tow drawers are Superior Threads. The third drawer is Connecting Threads thread. The larger drawers at the bottom hold the big spools - the ones on that drawer are also from Connecting Threads.  The next one down has my older Coats and Clark brand thread, mainly. 

  

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh....your sewing room is gorgeous and so much room. I want to come over and play!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.