She doesn't live all that far from me, but with her job and my caretaking, and life it has taken us over two years to finally get together. She brought some of her quilt and afghan treasures to show me, including this gorgeous old Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt (which is in perfect condition!).
I love the green diamonds that border around each flower. Really adds a lot to the quilt. I pulled out some of the quilts I have here at the house (others are in storage). One is another GFG quilt, about the same vintage, but it very worn and tattered.
Mom's hospice is officially continuing for 3 more months. We're really pleased with that. I played hooky today, it was the first day in over 3 months that I have not been in with her. I'm sure she has no idea, which is good. I'll go back over tomorrow and spend time with her.

I'm so glad you took some time to meet with your friend. I think the green around the hexies really made this quilt special.
ReplyDeleteLove Miss Bailey's new photo, but will miss the laugh.....grin.