Saturday, August 10, 2013

Background Prep

Now that I'm caught up with projects that needed to be done by a date that is quickly approaching I can take some time out to do some other work... a couple more thread paintings.  They are for a couple of birthdays (hmmm.... which are approaching fast, perhaps I was a bit hasty saying I was caught up! LOL).




After selecting my picture I use this link http://www.dumpr.net/sketch.php to get it into a sketch format. After saving I can then print it the size I want. These are going to be postcard sized -- 4"x6".
I used my Derwent Ink Blocks (you can find them here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/derwent-inktense-blocks/?clickTracking=true) to paint the background and basic picture. Once they are dry I will heat set the paint then add stabilizer to the back and start the "painting" with thread.

1 comment:

  1. Barb, glad your caught up.... (not me)... It looks interesting to do the painting with thread. Have fun! I know they will be just beautiful as all your work is beautiful! have a wonderful day! Hugs Morgan oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.